Join as a Volunteer
The success of the Zouk in Hawaii festival is a reflection of the dedication and enthusiasm of all of you volunteers who help. Volunteers have the opportunity to provide their support in many different ways during the festival.
What you can expect as a volunteer:
- Enjoy the rewarding experience of contribution
- Get behind the scenes look at how a festival is run
- Make new friends and connections
- Receive a festival volunteer shirt
- Experience the festival when you are not working
What we expect from volunteers:
- Average 16 hours worked over the entire festival
- Please note, you are not guaranteed any number of volunteer hours. Volunteer hours are based on Festival Need and the number of Volunteers we have registered.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift on time, dressed in volunteer shirt and ready to work
- Behave professionally both on-duty and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the festival.
- Be familiar with the information on the festival website
- Treat everyone with Aloha – respect, friendliness, and a smile!
- If you are unable to make a shift, or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact our volunteer coordinator immediately.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself to enjoy the festival
Volunteers buy their own festival pass and will be reimbursed up to $160 within 30 days post festival, once all volunteer hours are completed. If volunteer hours are skipped, or duties are not properly performed, the full pass amount will not be wholly reimbursed.
To volunteer, please fill out the online registration form and we look forward to having you as part of the Island Zouk Festival Team!
HZF Volunteer Orientation (TENTATIVE):
November 1, 2017 8pm-10pm
November 4, 2017 10am-12pm
Orientation will be held at the Island Zouk House in Manoa. Advanced registration is recommended but not required.
Terms & Conditions Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older before Nov 16, 2017.
- There is a $20 non-refundable application fee. This covers your volunteer shirt and application processing.
- In addition to the application fee, you will be required to pay the cost of a full festival pass as a deposit with valid debit or credit card. You will be required to pay the deposit and application fee at the time of registration.
- The card you use will be refunded the volunteer pass amount, up to $160, within 30 days after the end of the festival, and upon completion of your agreed to work requirements and following the volunteer rules. However, if you fail to complete the work requirements or follow the volunteer rules, you will forfeit your deposit.
- Once you have paid your deposit, and have been accepted and scheduled, you will be notified via email. Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration. This will be the main way that we communicate with you.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts.
- Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt that they are required to wear while working and to take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal substances for volunteers during their shifts. If found under the influence during your shift, you will forfeit your deposit.
- If you are caught under the influence during your shifts, stealing, or passing your wristband, you will forfeit your deposit, lose your access to the festival, and be subject to legal action.
- All festival passes are non-transferrable. Your festival wristband is to stay on your wrist the entire festival. If you break it, or lose it, you will not get another one.