Join as a Volunteer
The success of the Zouk in Hawaii festival is a reflection of the dedication and enthusiasm of all of you volunteers who help. Volunteers have the opportunity to provide their support in many different ways during the festival.
What you can expect as a volunteer:
- Enjoy the rewarding experience of contribution
- Get behind the scenes look at how a festival is run
- Make new friends and connections
- Receive a festival volunteer shirt
- Experience the festival when you are not working
What we expect from volunteers:
- 16 hours worked over the entire festival divided in 2, 8-hour shifts 10am-6pm (day) and 6pm-2am (night).
- You are required to fulfill one day shift and one night shift.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift on time, dressed in volunteer shirt and ready to work to review job duties.
- Behave professionally both on-duty and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the festival.
- Be familiar with the information on the festival website
- Treat everyone with Aloha – respect, friendliness, and a smile!
- If you are unable to make a shift, or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact our volunteer coordinator immediately.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself to enjoy the festival
We will place a $200 hold on your credit card. Funds will be released within 5 days post festival, once all volunteer hours are completed. If volunteer hours are skipped, or duties are not properly performed, the deposit amount will not be reimbursed.
To volunteer, please fill out the online registration form and we look forward to having you as part of the Island Zouk Festival Team!
Terms & Conditions Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older before Nov 16, 2018.
- The card you use will be refunded the volunteer deposit amount, $200USD, within 5 days after the end of the festival, and upon completion of your agreed to work requirements and following the volunteer rules. However, if you fail to complete the work requirements or follow the volunteer rules, you will forfeit your deposit.
- Once you have provided your payment details, and have been accepted and scheduled, you will be notified via email. Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration. This will be the main way that we communicate with you.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts.
- Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt that they are required to wear while working and should take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal substances for volunteers during their shifts. If found under the influence during your shift, you will forfeit your deposit.
- If you are caught under the influence during your shifts, stealing, or passing your wristband, you will forfeit your deposit, lose your access to the festival, and be subject to legal action.
- Please review the code of conduct found on the website. We expect all volunteers and festival staff members to follow the code.
Please wear volunteer shirt during all working hours.
- Where will I be working? Can I choose where I would be placed?
You will be assigned based on needs a your skills. You will find your shift when you receive your confirmation email. Some possibilities include:
- Wrist band checker
- Registration desk/customer service
- Set up and break down crew
- Artist Coordination
- And many others
- Why do I have to pay a festival pass?
We want to provide you with a valuable, worthwhile experience. In order to plan an awesome experience both for you and the festival, a deposit helps us ensure that volunteers will show up on time and do the jobs that they agreed to do. If you show up on time, follow the rules, and work diligently on the tasks assigned to you, your deposit will be returned.
- When do I show up for my shift?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your assigned volunteer shift begins and be ready to work. You will receive a volunteer t-shirt prior to your first shift. You are expected to wear it when you are working, and to take it off when you are not working.
- Is transportation, food or accommodations provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own food, transportation and accommodations.
To apply to be a volunteer send an email with the following information to email@example.com
Size of t-shirt: